Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I want to know what to do in my situation. I met a man who

Customer Question

I want to know what to do in my situation. I met a man who I thought turned out to be an incredible connection. He was very honest about leaving the city and moving to another city for appox five months.   Before he left he broke it off because he said he did not want to do long distance.  He was accused of not being able to commit by a friend.  When I told my guy this he was absolutely furious and promptly upgraded me to girlfriend while he was ranting. When he broke it off I was completely confused. I asked him if he was doing this because of the time away from each other or if he was just not seeing a future for us.  . He calls once every three or four days and he has been gone for a months. He told me that if this city did not work out the way he intended for his business plans that he will return and make his plans work in the same city we have lived in.  What do I do? Am I being a fool here? 

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 3 years ago.

jenhelant : Hi, I understand how this can be confusing for you. Are you okay with that plan or are you wanting something different right now?
JACUSTOMER-j6k8i54q- :

First off just to ask, is this question now live on the internet? Is there a way I can erase this question when I am done

JACUSTOMER-j6k8i54q- :

JACUSTOMER-j6k8i54q- :

Are you there?

jenhelant : Hi I am sorry it is where people can see it. However, when finished you can call customer service and lock it so it will not be visible any longer.
JACUSTOMER-j6k8i54q- :

Are you going to answer my question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert did not answer the question!