Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

I have been made aware (someone contacted me anonymously) of

I have been made aware (someone contacted me anonymously) of the fact that a video of my ex-wife tied to a headboard and getting oral sex is on internet porn sites. I've recently seen it, and it's definitely her. It is three minutes long and at no point does she look toward the camera (which is stationary, probably a cell phone sitting on a dresser) or give any indication that she knows she is being recorded. She is well known in local business circles and would surely be upset to know about this. I do not know who the man is, although I have seen him at some point in the past. We did not divorce on the best of terms 11 years ago, but are civil to one another and have occasional contact because of our adult son. If I have been made aware of this video, then surely others who know her have. If the man in the video did not post it himself, then I'm assuming he shared with a friend who consequently posted it. Do I let her know?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
Hello. This is a tough decision to make. You need to think about what will happen if you tell her and what will happen if you don't tell her. You said you did not divorce on good terms, so think about what your motivation would be to tell her or to not tell her. Basically, you just need to think about all of the scenarios possible and make your choice based on the conclusions you come up with. I can't tell you if you should or should not tell her because obviously, there are a lot of things to think about. How will this effect your relationship with her and your son and family unit in general? Just take all of these things into careful consideration and then make your choice.
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need another person's insight so I can compare. Not that the first answer was all that bad, but I still feel like I am in a quandry. Look, my ex-wife was never a prude (I had taken nude photos of her, pre-video recorder) years ago. If she thought I had ever shown them to anyone else (I never did) she would be furious. She did not "strut" her stuff, and like I said she is well known in the community and involved in many civic organizations. I am sure she did not know she was being recorded.
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.