Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist

My boyfriend was upset with me so texted. I called and he

My boyfriend was upset with me so texted. I called and he didn't pick up. He emailed ugly things. Now it is 4 days with talking.
I am furious and would like to text a break-up even though I know it is juvenile.

This incident was the last straw for me.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

I can certainly understand how it would be tempting to text a break-up at this point. If this was the last straw and you plan on ending the relationship anyway, then it may not matter how you end it as long as you can walk away and be ok with the way you handled it. It sounds like the most important thing at this point is that you don't make an emotional decision that you later regret. If there's nothing left to be said, then a text break-up may be a fitting end considering the circumstances. However if there are things you feel like you need to say or get off of your mind, then you may be happy in the long run if you were to hang in there and wait for your opportunity to discuss this on the phone or face to face. Even though this is the last straw, you want to walk away from this feeling like you can be proud of the way you handled yourself despite some of the juvenile things he has put you through. I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do want to feel good about myself and I have nothing left to say so that is a conflict. Still, I like your answer.

Thanks I'm glad I could help. If you wouldn't mind leaving me a positive review I'd really appreciate it. I agree that it is a conflict and there may not be a perfect answer. If you're at the point where you just need the relationship to be over, then he may not have left you with many options other than to end it by text or email. It may feel juvenile in some ways, but you may also need to take care of yourself and move forward with your life. At the same time, if you're having a lot of trouble deciding whether or not to end it now, that may be a sign that it's best to at least put it off for one more day and you can always reevaluate tomorrow once you've had time to think more about how exactly you want to proceed. Unless you feel an urgent need to end it, you may want to wait until you feel more certain about how you handle this rather than make a decision out of frustration. Good luck no matter what you decide,