Rev.Dr. August Abbott
Rev.Dr. August Abbott, Clergy
Experience:  Ordained minister: Counselor (spiritual/life)

Dr. Reverend S. August Abbott, is there a book that you know

Dr. Reverend S. August Abbott, is there a book that you know of and that you would recommend for a person that wants to learn how to become more thoughtful and more kind, and where it will come "NATURAL" to the person, without the person having to think and observe before acting out or refraining? (And where the book will teach one in this manner for the qualities of thoughtfulness and kindness ONLY and NOTHING ELSE) Thank you.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. Thank you.

I wish I could help with this request for a book, but given the specifics you require addressing only thoughtfulness and kindness, I'm at a loss.

However, I do know that if you integrate these things into your every day behavior and conduct, just by practicing them and doing them they will eventually become a part of your nature. The more you live it, the less you'd have to think about it.

I've counseled quite a few people who believed that they only needed to smile and be nice for people they felt worthy of the effort. I would insist that by smiling and being nice to everyone from the panhandler on the corner to the CEO in the corner office, it wouldn't be such an effort. They could stop thinking and evaluating "Is this person important enough for me to be nice to?"

The most successful and popular, well liked people are the ones who genuinely smile and treat with kindness and respect, every single person they meet.

Very few people are born doing this. That means at some point they had to be conscious of it and do it on purpose.

It doesn't take long for it to become who you are

I believe in you. You CAN do this!

Rev.Dr. August Abbott, Clergy
Experience: Ordained minister: Counselor (spiritual/life)