Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Is my husband my true soul mate? If he is then y am I not

Is my husband my true soul mate? If he is then y am I not feeling it?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

If you have been with him through thick and thin and you love him, then that should be important, but it does not mean you are soul mates.

I have several definitions of soul mate:

-One of two persons compatible with each other in disposition, point of view, or sensitivity.

-A person who is perfectly suited to another in temperament

If you do not feel compatible, if you have very different points of view about the world, if you are sensitive and he is not, or vice versa, if you feel that in many ways you were made out of the same clay, or cut out of the same cloth, then you are soul mates.

If you feel very different in temperament and understanding of the world, then you are not.

If you don't feel that kind of oneness with him, then he is not your soul mate.

You might still make a good couple, however. That is for you to know, and that is what counts.

I wish you great happiness and will keep you both in my prayers.

Warm regards,