Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I contacted a pervious person, we dated for a very short period

I contacted a pervious person, we dated for a very short period of time after two years i decided to contact him, and ask him out for coffee, he said yes for this Saturday coming up, I just have to confirm again if he is going to see me this Saturday. I am excited, nervous, I scared I won't be happy to see him or I will? I don't know what to wear? My question is what kind of conversation do I talk with him and what do I wear? Why is it that I am always the one asking out? Is it bad that I asked him out first? What does this mean?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

It seems that you are a proactive person who takes the bull by the horns and that is why you often to the asking. You might choose men who are less proactive then you because you are assertive.

You are only going for coffee and taking a "test drive" so to speak. You have nothing to lose and perhaps plenty to gain. Go with confidence.

About midweek, send him a text or an email simply stating that you are looking forward to seeing him on Saturday. That shows good faith in your agreement and serves as a reminder without stating that it is a reminder.

No confirmation is necessary. That shows uncertainty. This confirms and adds some excitement. Remember, he may be nervous too and a little note will be welcome.

Don't plan the conversation. Let it unfold. If you seem to get stuck, tell him about an interesting and funny experience that you had somewhere in the last two years.

Be upbeat, don't discuss politics, and don't say negative things about others.

Dress casually in a way that will make you look most feminine. He is interested in you, in part, because you are a girl and you must emphasize that in a casual and conservative way.

Do not worry. You will be fine. He has already agreed to meet you and that is more than half the battle won already.

If you are not mutually attractive, then enjoy your meeting and at least end with a pleasant memory. On the other hand, this meeting can lead to better things.

I wish you great fortune and shall keep you in my prayers for next Saturday.

Warm regards,