psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

hi, i am getting married and my fiances mom announced

Customer Question

i am getting married and my fiance's mom announced that his son's ex girlfriend are married,which is not true because we just got our certificate of non-marriage in national statistics office, certifying that we are both single, although i felt hurt and very insecure, what should i do? i dont like this feeling, i talked to my fiance and he says he's going to talk to his mom about it, but as for me, i really felt bad, im confused i am on the verge of breaking up with him
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You are entitled to your feelings so you should not feel guilty about standing your ground. You deserve your feelings whatever they are. you should base your decision to break up on whether the relationship is a healthy one. You should consider the positive versus the negatives of this - not just one situation - and decide if this is beneficial to you. As far as facing his family he has that responsibility but he should consider how you want to handle things. You and your mate have to decide how best to handle this. If he is not taking your wishes into consideration that is a problem. This situation can reflect how you handle conflict. Decide the final outcome on what he is willing to do to fix this and if he acknowledges your feelings. then whether to break up