Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience:  with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues
71830932

I dated someone last year for about five months. I ended the

I dated someone last year for about five months. I ended the relationship rather abruptly. A few months later, I regretted ending it and contacted him. He said he would be interested but kind of strung me along. Nothing came of it. Had a couple months of no contact.

Out of nowhere, he messaged me and asked me to go to a family function which was 3 weeks away. I had met his family a couple of times before and actually know his sister pretty well. I thought about it and said yes.

We started texting and messaging only. He kept saying he was going to call me but always had an excuse (he is an over-the-road truck driver). He gave me advice on what to get his nephew (it was his birthday party he invited me to). I bought the gift, wrapped it, etc.

Party day came and went. No contact from him at all. I tried to call him, and yes, foolishly left an angry message.

In your opinion, was this premeditated to get revenge on me for dumping him originally?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karin Samms replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, welcome to Just Answer. I will try and help you with your question.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this. His response certainly doesn't sound like a dignified response - even if he was angry it seems quite an immature and angry response, don't you think? So yes, it feels a little childlike seeing as you've tried calling him and messaged him and he's made no contact with you.

On the other hand, could it be that he is too embarrassed to now make contact with you? He may have been caught up with something and didn't get around to calling you back? (Although I feel this would be a lame excuse).... (I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but seem to be struggling).

This would be the ONLY reason he has for it to NOT be premeditated. All other options feels that it was calculated.

You may be hurt and upset by his actions, you've tried to contact him, perhaps now it is about leaving it alone and moving on from it or if you really felt you needed to close this chapter, send an email (seeing as he's not responding to your cell-based communications), letting him know that his behavior came across as premeditated and that you will not be contacting him again and that you feel sorry that things had to go this way. My best to you, I hope you are not too distressed by his actions - particularly if this is what he wanted to achieve all along.

I truly do hope this is helping you find some clarity, please do come back to me for further assistance and support if you need it, I'd rather support you as much as possible and receive a positive rating and I'd be more than happy to continue supporting you until you feel satisfied.
------------
If I have answered your question, kindly rate my service positively before you leave the site so I may be credited for my time. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further. Your question will not close and I will continue to support your question. Bonuses are always appreciated.

Kindest Regards, Karin
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience: with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues