Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

We have been dating for a month and i know for sure that im

We have been dating for a month and i know for sure that im in love with her, and she tells me she loves me too,but she has been distant lately except for when she jokingly says something that she thinks may offend me , but never does. She is always smiling and looking at me, but when we are with our friend kalee she is always asking her for hugs and stuff but never me. whats going on?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

I think that your girlfriend really does like you but she is testing you because she is afraid that you will not stick with her, so she says these mildly offensive things to you. She is testing you.

When Kalee is around she wants to show her that you are not a big deal in her life, and that is so she will not lose face if she loses you.

Just keep letting this friendship continued to unfold and you will grow closer. Don't let her throw you off your game. It looks a bit immature on her part, but you must carry on and she will appreciate your mature and manly approach.

I wish you continued success in this relationship.

Warm regards,