Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

the conclusion of the cold sores talk -I Think!

well it seems as though things went went..he called by 2 00 am and asked how I was doing? I said fine but I did not want to bother him since he had his kids this weekend, and he said dont worry about that then he asked  and what about the cold sores?, and asked was it herpes simplex 1 or 2 . I told him that I diagnosed 4 years ago and he asked how do i how which one it is if I have never seen them before. . He mention most woman herpes are are on the inside and male herpes are more visible. He then changed the topic of conversation and asked how was the baby doing? His phone then went dead and I called him back after it  and we talked briefly and I then it went dead a second time and  called back again and just left a message and to called when he get a chance. So later he texted and said I really like your weird butt lol and that's a good thing..xoxoxo. but now it is 8 pm and no text or call . What gives? I guess he still need to process the information.

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.

Deardebra :

I feel that went very well.

Deardebra :

He asked questions about it and I feel he already processed it and did not care because he cares about you.

Deardebra :

If he had a problem he would have not responded back, he would have just not said a things and didn't call or text back.

Customer:

ok..so why no communication on his part the whole day

Customer:

is he still processing it

Deardebra :

I feel he has accepted everything you have said, how long has it been since he has respond?

Customer:

i assume he has his kids but it is late now, and I asking too much from him ..it has been 2:51 am

Deardebra :

Ok, so he might have been very busy with the kids and now it is late, so you will have to text tomorrow and he is what I want you to do.

Deardebra :

The text should say this, Good Mourning and how are you this mourning. I hope you had a nice weekend with the kids.

Customer:

ok..and if he texts or calls before then ..I guess dont worry about texting it

Deardebra :

Yes, if he responds first then you do not have to start a conversation.

Customer:

i dont want to be too demanding,,because this is early stages of knowing each other

Customer:

I am just curious how slow will he take this

Deardebra :

You want to keep open lines of communication and if you have not heard from him then you want to send a friendly text just like a checking in text.

Deardebra :

I feel him asking questions was good because he wanted to know, if he did not accept it, he would have asked no questions.

Customer:

normally he calls or texts but he also have sent some sexual texts in the past too

Customer:

yes..i honestly felt he has full knowledge about it

Deardebra :

So he usually calls or texts, so I would give it a little time to respond. He might just be busy with the kids. He might want to set a time aside for you so he is not distracted. He wants to be able to talk with no interruptions.

Customer:

so just curious if that will change his conversations drasctically

Customer:

ok

Deardebra :

No, I do not feel it will.

Customer:

ok..i will text if he does not respond

Customer:

thanks

Deardebra :

I would wait until tomorrow mourning to text, you want to give him a chance to respond.

Customer:

will do

Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.