Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Therapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist with 20 Years Experience

I recently got married but my feelings and love for my exhusband

Customer Question

I recently got married but my feelings and love for my exhusband have developed so much and I want my old life back . I'm in search of finding answers but all the answers I find point to my ex husband .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ask Eleanor replied 1 year ago.

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and have been practicing couples therapy for over 20 years. I am happy to respond to your question. It sounds like you may have remarried prematurely as you still have unresolved feelings for your ex-husband. We cannot move on with a new life until we have said good-bye to the old. In any event, you are certainly in a difficult and tense situation, living with a new husband and still being in love with your former one. I am sure you realize that this is not only stressful on you but very unfair to your new husband. I assume he does not know of your feelings for your ex. If you continue the way things are, it will soon become too stressful for you. Your other options are to tell you husband of your feelings for you ex which could result in the end of your marriage. The other, which I recommend, is to stop seeing your ex for a month, no contact at all. During that time seek counsel from a therapist (or perhaps your minister) and sort through your feelings for both men. You must care for your husband or you would not have married him. You may be suffering from "the grass is always greener" feelings. So I recommend a "time out" from your ex to make sure you truly do love him and not your husband. I hope this is helpful. Chat back if you need anything further. Take care, Eleanor

Customer: UThank you so much for the idea of talking to a couselor or my Priest . I am going to make some kind of arrangement with my Prist .
Ask Eleanor, Therapist
Experience: Marriage & Family Therapist with 20 Years Experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elenor ! Well I was told by a therapist to follow my heart ! And that all the things you had told me are very true . Also the feelings and love are so much more sincere and there all the time with me . I talked with my husband now about everything and he wants me to give him a chance . The only thing is that I'm not liking this . I do believe in chances but if your not happy or liking it what's the use in it ?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.