TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

just a final follow-up; you commented on the solid base of

just a final follow-up; you commented on the solid base of our relationship. In fact J. and I worked out that over the last 4 years we have spent over 6000 hours within 3 feet of each other. We know each other really well. The attraction only started about 6 months ago.
As I said, many of our clients think we are in a relationship already, based on how we interact. They say we are a great couple.
Can you tell me what the thing is with her body-checking me? Is this shoulder-charge a sign of affection? Or just being "buddies"?
Thanks again Kate!

Given J's behavior towards you in general, her body checking is an odd behavior but it seems to display affection. Touching someone is an intimate action, even if it is expressed by body checking. And in every other way she has shown how much she enjoys you touching her. She responds by leaning more towards you and by her expressions (such as when you touched her hair). She also asks you to touch her- also a very good sign. So either the body checking is just another way for her to show her feelings or it is something she picked up from somewhere that she feels shows intimate feelings. When you get to know her better, it may be a good thing to ask. Now is not good but later as you grow closer. But at this point, there is no evidence at all that she means anything but affection and care by her behavior.