Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

I would like to know if the relationship with my guy is fine.

I would like to know if the relationship with my guy is fine. I mean we find it difficult to meet up due to our commitmentsand. we meet for just a short while....Will this change and will we have more time for each other?Does he really love me and think of me as his future? I was born on 27th October 1964 and he was born on 5th September 1960 Thank you!!!!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.

Deardebra :

As a relationship progresses you find yourself making more time for each other. When you start dating someone you are learning about one another and you are taking your time in the relationship once a bond is created and you learn more about one another you begin to find as much time a you can to be with one another.

Deardebra :

The time that you do spend together is very special because you do not have much time together as of right now but that will change as you begin to get to know each other and the relationship grows.

Deardebra :

Once things progress you both will be planning for the future together.

Deardebra :

This is where things will change and you will be spending more time together because you will spend the rest of your lives together.

Deardebra :

You asked about if he loves you and see you in his future. Right now you both are see each other for short times and that is him making sure he makes time for you, so that is someone that cares about you and wants things to progress further for the future.

Deardebra :

I feel that things are going to progress and you will be making plans for the future.

Customer:

Thank you...but does he really wish to find time for us?I mean it is always meeting up for a few minutes just us, but then he finds the time for his commitments as basketball director etc. Does he understand that a relationship cannot grow if we do not try to find time for us in all senses. I sometimes feel that I might not be attractive to him anymore and that is why he does not feel the need to be together. This morning he said he was not feeling well at all. What's wrong with him?Am worried

Deardebra : It sounds like he could be scared of getting his heart broken.
Deardebra : The reason why you like you are not attracted too him is because you feel that in this relationship you need more. Your right you need more than a few minutes in order to let this relationship grow.
Deardebra : He seems like he is afraid of commitment.
Deardebra : he backs away when his feelings begin to get intense. He can not handle it so he backs off. He thinks it is easier to back away then face the feelings he has for you. He loves you but is confused.
Deardebra : He said he doesn't feel well that sounds like his emotions. You need to explain too him how you feel and that you need more time.
Deardebra : II want you to tell him that you want to plan on making more time so things can progress. Tell him you enjoy spending time with him.
Deardebra : Explain that you care about him but you need more.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.