Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

Feel like I am not appreciated by my husband

Customer Question

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 3 years ago.

Deardebra :

The first thing you want to do is tell him how you feel.

Deardebra :

It is important that he knows that you feel that you are unappreciated.

Deardebra :

People do so many things in a day that some times the people you love do not realize all that you do for them because it is something that is always done for them.

Deardebra :

Things after time goes by in a relationship things become routine.

Deardebra :

What he needs to see is what you do.

Deardebra :

You need to tell him and show him what your day is like, some times people do not understand until they experience what it is you do in a day.

Deardebra :

One suggestion is to have him experience what you do in a day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its feels like he doesn't want to listen. He has hardly spoken two words to me in 3 days. We only got married 4 months ago. Is this normal
There are a few things I want you to look at. I want you to ask yourself these questions. Did things change when you got married? Did something happen in both of your lives that made him quiet? Is something bothering him that has not been discussed? I want you to think about what happened three days ago and why he is not talking. He seems to be someone that holds things in and doesn't say how he really feels. I want you to ask him if he wants to talk about anything. You also could ask him if he thought you might have said or did something that bothered him. You both have been married only four months so there are things that you both would have to adjust to. It sounds like he needs to talk but doesn't know how to express himself. You need to ask him what's wrong. You both should be connecting more when it comes to communication because this is a new marriage. Both of you should not be not talking for three days. He needs to also know how you feel that you don't understand why he got so quiet.