Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships

There is a girl that I dated, and has wanted to meet again,

There is a girl that I dated, and has wanted to meet again, but hasn't each time I've asked, should I keep pursuing?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'll be glad to be of help with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. From the fact that you are asking, it seems pretty clear that you would like something to develop between the two of you. That really needs to be the deciding factor here, but within bounds.

Because there is no objective right or wrong in whether you should pursue this or not. The fact that she hasn't actually met up again may mean that she is just the kind of person who hates to say no and so she hopes you'll get the message. Or that she's a flake. That's possible.

But it could also mean that she's genuinely busy and that her schedule has a lot of unpredictability. That's also possible. To determine which is more probable is not yet easy. And it's not required that you spend a lot of time analyzing it.

This is because it's acceptable and not being weird if you try a couple more times. Alternatively, if you outright ask her if she would like you to keep trying. Either way is okay. I personally prefer outright asking if she wants you to keep trying. but you might not feel comfortable asking outright. If so, then try a couple more times. If after that she still hasn't found a way to make it happen, then it would indeed be time to move on.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a nice time, and actually I was kind of seeing her before, but it stopped, and I deleted her on Facebook to move on. A couple months later she added me back, then one night asked if I fancied a drink. So we went out together. I think she liked me, and has said we should definitely do something again, but hasn't happened and didn't reply when I asked the last time. Not sure how to ask if she's still interested or just wants to be friends, but I feel I need to know.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 1 year ago.
I understand the hesitation and I know that it feels like a real big stumbling block. But I would not let it be a big deal to just tell her so. It really is a very straightforward question. And I like very much how you phrased it to me: You said we should definitely do something again, but it hasn't happened yet and you didn't reply when I asked the last time. O I'm not sure how to ask if you're still interested, but I feel like I'd like to and I'd really like to know.

When you look at it written, doesn't it sound really okay? I think so. And I think you should go with it and ask her and let her tell you. If she doesn't reply, you then know. If she does reply, it was well worth asking her, don't you think?

I wish you the very best!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it might be worth asking her, I just don't want to sound pushy, or make it awkward between us, but in the end I suppose it is probably worth asking, then I can find out if she is really interested or not...
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm sorry, I see clients in session in the afternoon and evening (my time).

Yes, I agree. I think you're right. It is worth asking so that you can find out if she's interested or not. It's not worth it to just do nothing. I agree.

I wish you the very best!

Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience: Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships