Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

my partner had a melt down and got verbally abusive the other

Customer Question

my partner had a melt down and got verbally abusive the other morning hes never talked like this before. it was scary.. do i end this relationship because of this outburst as he's not so great at opening up
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

I would like to help. How long have you both been together and has he ever done anything like this before?
Do you know if he has a history of anger issues or being abusive?

I will await your response, so I can help better.

Thanks,
Jen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we have been together for 1 1/2 years hes never been this hot..he has been upset but nothing like that and it was 4am and he awoke and was upset because the dogs had been sick the last 2 days and we were cleaning up vomit and poop issues..

i was told by his one son that his dad had to go to anger management classes years ago. i don't know anything further about that..

he is a pretty private type of guy just really wants to enjoy life watch his news workout and be loving and affectionate protective..pretty laid back for the most part..i have a 15 year old daughter so this is where I'm thinking more.. he is still at his apartment and he wants to work this out and I do love and care as he stated he is very sorry i didn't deserve that and it will never happen again..

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted you to know that even after rating me feel free to follow up with me anytime you feel the need right here on this thread. Again, I will you all the best.

Jen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i hear what you are saying now the reason he had to do anger management was his ex wife got mad at him because he spanked their son with a belt, so she turned him in to child welfare..I spoke with his mother about this and that wife was very vindictive after he was let go from the NFL due to an injury..so i don't say this is true anger management issues..

He and i discussed this too. now frustrations do occur and there is no physical, and I am not an angel either..

and I sometimes feel like we all over analyze some things that we don't have all the details about..yes this was a very bizarre moment and he's accepting his wrong for this..I am all about my daughter and she enjoys times with him working out at the gym as our schedules are busy school work and her activities..

I do hope you understand where i am coming from on this . interested in your response..

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!