Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

I fell head over heels with a man 10 years younger than myself.

Customer Question

I fell head over heels with a man 10 years younger than myself. I thought he was the love of my life There was a few issues that made me uneasy , first he was a serial cheater. cheated on his ex wife to be with another women then cheated on her to be with the next and finally cheated on his ex to be with me. , then I couldnt understand why he would blow his money on silly things like a hot tub and vacations when his house was in need of repair. He owned a huge amount on student loans but when he has extra money he wouldnt put it on the debt he had. The passion was amazing,cards, flowers, text messages teling me how i was his world. But sooner or later that would have slowed down I mean who can keep tht up forever. I was afraid once we setteled into a relationship the issues that worried me would cone to the forefront. The other big issue was his child. one week one week off. I was not close with the child and knew in my heart I never could be. I looked forward to the weeks he was not with us. We were in the honeymoon stage of our relationship. I read a study that once said that feeling of giddyness only last about 18 to 24 months then you settle into a routine and I worried at the first sign of trouble he would cheat because thats what he has done in the past.Once I broke things off with him he called me names on his facebook page and even ripped up all the pictures and threw them thru my office mail slot. I know i hurt him and I am not sure if It's him I miss or the loving attention I miss. The fact that he had threesomes and had sex with multiple girls after we broke up leads me to believe he has some kind of addiction to se or at least the attention of other women. If a man needs that mucuh attention from other women will he ever truly be happy with just my attention. I love him with all my heart but isnt the best way to determine someones's future behavior is to look at their past behavior. Is it just a matter of time before he cheats on me ? Did I make the right decision and if I did why do I cry all the time. It's been 6 months and I still can't get over him .. HELP ME please
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.