Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.
37122071

I would like to give my opinion on same sex "marriage". Who

I would like to give my opinion on same sex "marriage". Who would I contact in the government, such as this big meeting with judges today. I want to say that I am totally against this type of "marriage". If they want to live together, that's ok with me. I just think and feel these gay people just want to make a mockery of an institution that many people hold dear. What happens to the marriages of people of the opposite sex, is marriage between these people meaningless? I am appalled that our government officials allow these marriages to happen. Will government get more taxes from these couples if they're married? I am sick, sick, sick of hearing about how the poor gay people are being treated. I get a sick image in my mind, I get sick when I see girls kissing girls, Ellen Degeneris making herself up with makeup to look pretty, but acting like a guy. If she wants to be gay, leave me alone. I can't watch her show. I can go on but I want my opinion to be heard outside this box. I am actually embarrassed by these people. I think they should stay in the closet and not affect us "normal" (straight) people. I am not overly religious, but I am praying that our Heavenly Father will straighten out this mess. The thought of a contract between gays might be in order, rather than marriage. Can you imagine what the divorce rate is gonna be now? Thank you. I'll shut up for now.

Deardebra : When to people are in love they want to take that next step into marriage. But when it comes to gay marriage people have certain beliefs and religion is one of the main reasons. People grew up with the ideal odd a man and a women get married and sped
Deardebra : *spend
Deardebra : the rest of their lives together maybe raising a family.
Deardebra : Now that has changed.
Deardebra : Marriage as we know it has taken on a whole new meaning.
Deardebra : Gay people feel they have the right to get married.
Deardebra : All they see is that they are in love and should have the same rights as a man and a women.Get
Deardebra : all of this into perspective, there are always going to be different opinions when it comes to this topic.
Deardebra : You mentioned about the divorce rate. Marriage has changed quite a bit from in early years. I feel that people stay in a marriage and really tried, today the divorce rate is high and straight or gay if their are more marriages when their will be divorces.
Deardebra : Some times people feel that their relationship isn't working and they want to move on. It will be the same for gay people as well.
Deardebra : I feel that the meaning if marriage will always have the same meaning to people.
Deardebra : It will always be two people who love each other getting married and spending their life together.
Deardebra : Marriage will always be a big step it is commiting your life to someone. Its about sharing your live and taking vows that you will be together forever.
Deardebra : Gay people often have wedding ceremonies if if it is not legal in their state.
Deardebra : They go through the whole process but they dont have the legal papers to aknowledge that they are married.And
Deardebra : In there eyes they made a commitment to each other.
Deardebra : Marriage is love, commitment.
Deardebra : You mentioned about living together. People in love often do move in together and do not get married.
Deardebra : InBut then their are some people that believe they should be married before the live together.
Deardebra : AndIt all comes down to your beliefs.
Deardebra : We all have certain beliefs, morals that we live by,
Deardebra : But not everyone shares the same morals and beliefs.
Customer:

That's right, and I did not ask for your opinion. I want to express my feelings to my government officials and to let them know that I DO NOT approve of gay marriage. Loving someone and marrying them under the laws is one thing. I just want to express to my government that they do not need to change the laws of marriage. Who and how do I tell these people in the government not to pass the gay marriage laws????

Deardebra : I would do a search on where to write your opinion about gay marriage.Is
Deardebra : If you search the web
Deardebra : it will come up where to voice your opinion on this subject and where to write.You
Deardebra : Will see options on where to express your opinion.On
Deardebra : This subject.
Customer:

OK you are no help. Good by

Deardebra : Do you have anymore questions you need answered?
Deardebra : I am going to opt out so you can work with another expert to get the help you need. Thank you.

If you would give your city, state and county I will be glad to search for you. It would be best to contact your own representative or senator because they care how you feel. They want your vote.

Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience: Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in accomac county, virginia, USA. I'm not good at searching for stuff on the computer. I appreciate your help. It bothers me when a percentage of people appear on random questions, and I was never asked for my opinion, so I want to make sure my voice is heard and included in these random issues.

Hi again,
It is good that you want to assert your rights to have your opinion heard. Since this is a matter before the United States Supreme Court, you should contact your US Senators in Virginia. Here is a link to a website with their information. You can probably email them. You will get a response from someone in their office.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=VA

Good luck.....let me know if you need more help.
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Dr. Bonnie. This was what I wanted, not someone else's opinion or reasoning. I will message my opinion, I want to be counted.