Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Tom Smith, Ph.D.
Experience:  Dr. Smith has been offering counseling for over 37 years.
72310017

I dreamed my husband was in a coffin being embalmed but was

I dreamed my husband was in a coffin being embalmed but was still awake and talking. Scary. what does this mean

Scary, yes; but, I would not read too much into it. It may mean that you might be feeling worried about him or losing him. In any case, do not let it trouble you. Let me know if you have any other troubling dreams.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does this mean he is close to death? Why would he still be awake? Trying to keep from dying?

Your dream does not mean he is close to death. It is important to know that your dream is about your feelings about him, not about him actually because you are the one having the dream. More often than not dreams cannot be interpreted literally, but symbolically. The dream is about you and your feelings about him. Think about that and see what insight may emerge about yourself.
Please let me know if this response works for you; it has been taken from the professional literature on dreams.