psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

growing up my parents didnt teach me much and now that im 43

growing up my parents didnt teach me much and now that im 43 my parents still havent taught me much. my family doesnt call either to see how im doing.and they dont return calls.  lack of communication for what?  everyone enjoys gifts me this means my family is selfish.  they dont deserve gifts/

Sometimes people are truly selfish. Sometimes however they just don't know how to communicate any emotions in a positive way. This can mean not that they are ignoring or distancing themselves but it is simply a sign that they have no communication skills or ability to convey a feelings. This is quite common in families. It is sad that you have initiated positive communication and they drop the ball but they may simply not know how to be more considerate. It is up to you whether you want to extend your hand but your best solution is to teach them how to have a stronger bond by communicating your thoughts in a direct way. Ignorance really is a valid reason but you may have to be the peace keeper. I would try communicating your concerns when you find they are receptive to your efforts. in the end you can't change anyone but yourself.