Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

What does it mean when your ex increasingly gets more and more

Customer Question

What does it mean when your ex increasingly gets more and more nasty and mean And constantly brings up sexual issues?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 2 years ago.

Deardebra : She sounds fustrated.
Deardebra : she needs to talk about what is going on and express hef wants and needs in the relationship.
Deardebra : I want you both to sit down and talk.
Deardebra : What is happening is she wants to express herself but instead of her communicating she is getting upset and angry.
Deardebra : She needs to come right out and tell you what is wrong. If she is always bringing up sexual issues then that is where the problem seems to be.
Deardebra : You want to listen real vlisr to what she is saying and see if you both can fix the problrms she is having.
Deardebra : It is very importabt in a relatiobdhip to express and comunicate.
Deardebra : *relationship
JACUSTOMER-lqwzuc94- : Ok,but its been over 3yrs she divorced me & it was final in less than 6wks. The only things she says are halftruths about our sex life. She is with my ex employer witch is the reason I quit my job & started my own company. 2months later I found myself divorce
Deardebra : She seems to be havibg unresolved issues.
Deardebra : There are still thjngs that she needs to talk about.
Deardebra :

It sounds too me like she carries around all these unresolved issues. She keeps bringing up the past because it is something that is still bothering her to this day.

JACUSTOMER-lqwzuc94- : She definately has unresolved issues but the things she brings up aren't reality the are exagerations or things we discussed or things sai during passion. She has told my family. Destroyed my relationships with 4 stepsons that I raised with herb& now she seams to be working on the one with my only son we had together
Deardebra :

That is not right to bring the kids into things because you helped raise them and you both also have a son together.

Deardebra :

The problems that you both had should be discussed together and none of the children should be brought into the relationship.

JACUSTOMER-lqwzuc94- : The things she brings up aren't completely trhe & are out of context. I don't see how a person could have such issues about hier sexlife when 6-8 wks at a time was how infrequnt it was. I was hoping you would say she feels guilty about an affaif with m boss. That I would be a le to undestand
Deardebra :

Yes, very true in what you are saying. She is trying to make excuses why she had an affair basically blaming your sex life. But sex is not everything that makes up a relationship and cheating is never right no matter what issues you have in a relationship.

Deardebra :

What she did was wrong and you do not cheat, you stay in the relationship and work things out. She is trying to justify her actions on what she did but you can't. What she did was wrong.

Deardebra :

You need to clearly tell her that this marriage is over and the past is the past. You need to tell her what she did was wrong and the children should not be involved in this.

Deardebra :

You need to to tell her that we still have a child together and that will never change. Explain that you are going to raise your child and move on from this relationship.

Deardebra :

Explain that you are divorced now and the problems that we had when we were married are over and you are no longer discussing them. Tell her you moved on you are with someone else. I am no longer in your life only for our child.

Deardebra :

You do not deserve to have the past be brought up all the time when this relationship is over. Explain that she should have told you all these things before she did what she did. Tell her their is no excuse for her actions no matter how she tries to justify them. Tell her you are trying to move on.

Deardebra :

You need to tell her how you feel.

Deardebra :

She has told you about everything wrong when it comes to the relationship and the sexual issues. Tell her how you feel about what she has done.

Deardebra :

Right now she has taken over the past relationship by blaming you in some way for her actions. But what she did there is no excuse for. She was married, she cheated, she is wrong. A marriage is about two people working together. When you . have issues you discuss them, you do not cheat, get divorced and see someone else. then blame you for her cheating because there were sexual problems. These needed to be discussed then, not when the relationship is over. You need to clearly state that this relationship is over, we are no longer intimate, so you need to move on from the past tell her, explain she is with someone else, you are moving on and that you will be there to raise your child.

Deardebra :

You are still and always will the father of your child.

Deardebra :

Tell her that the past is the past you both are divorced the relationship is over, you no longer have to listen about what has gone wrong in the relationship. Tell her that the only thing you will discuss is your child with her. You can't keep listening to the past mistakes when the marriage has been over for a long time.

Deardebra :

She needs to move on now.