Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I have been dating my boyfriend for a little over a year now.

I have been dating my boyfriend for a little over a year now. To summarize things, he is almost 26. I just turned 21. I'm still in college, he has his masters in structural engineering and has a good job. he lives with his parents and is in the process of looking to buy a house. his top priorities are his future and he only sees HIMSELF and not me. he told me he loves me really fast about a month into dating and on our 1 year anniversary wrote to me in the card that he is relieved that the search is over and that he has found the one. well sometimes i get in these funks where i question if he cares about me and the relationship and he expressed to me last night that that pushes him away but he wants to be with me and loves me. i asked if hes in love with me and he seems hesitant. then i asked if he can see a future with me and he says he doesnt know. and that he only thinks about himself and can see himself dating me but basically without saying it isnt sure that im the one for him. i want to be with a guy who KNOWS and isnt afraid of commitment. its tearing me apart and im miserable. i am seeing him friday and ive already expressed that maybe we arent right for eachother and he told me he doesnt want it to end while he was looking at photos of us. (so he says) im not sure what to do. i want to be in a relationship for the long haul.. even though i dont plan on getting married until after i graduate and get a job i still want the guy to be able to potentially see me and i dont think he does. so i ask him whats the point of dating me and he says he doesnt see or think about himself with other girls and only wants me and enjoys time with me. i feel like we view life on different levels.. not sure what to do. i want someone to give me their all. i feel empty and i dont want to feel like this.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this frustrating situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that is true
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that is very true.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we do a live chat so its easier
The system did change from chat to posting by itself. I do always prefer and keep chat with customers, but when it doesn't work, there is no option but postings. This time the chat closed itself and redirected your question to postings. The only way to get chat again, would be by posting a new question. You could totally disregard this one, I will request it to be blocked, for you to post it again, ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will post it now
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. that helped a lot. i did repost my question again but someone else took it.. i know its not good for a person to decide another's life for them, but based upon what i told you, do you think it is worth it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he enjoys the bachelor life and doesnt really want to share much of his life with me.. hes even expressed his fiannces and how he cant spend as much on me since hes saving for a house. i just feel so neglected and unvalued.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!