Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

hi, Im with my boyfriend 5 months already. Recently everything

hi,
I'm with my boyfriend 5 months already. Recently everything he does annoys me. we live together and we are trying to have a baby but we started arguing every day. I think this is a bad road we are going to and I need an advice what to do
thanks
Hello. While all relationships have ups and downs, if you are having arguments every day and its a very stressful environment, I would not recommend ringing a pregnancy and a baby into the mix. You both need to work out the root of the problems and the things he is doing which annoy you. Are these important things? Weigh the situation. 5 months is not a long time at all, you barely know each other. I would work through the relationship issues, learn how to communicate better before you think about a child. A baby will not bring you closer together and "fix" things, it will make things more stressful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

we are working on the baby as we both really want to have a family and kids. he is 36 and I am 32 years old. We do talk a lot and we both try to fix little issues but for the past month those little things are a lot and I can see that he is fed up by talking, he is not hearing any more. I am tired of all that as well. We went on a holiday and it was great, what else shall we do?

Are you both readers? Or maybe one of you? I would highly recommend reading the Mars Venus series by Dr Gray. At the very least, just the first one. It is an older book, but a great one for learning how to communicate much better. It has saved many relationships. Communication is the key to a great relationship. Honesty and not expecting the other person to think like the other. Men and women are much different in a lot of ways. Accepting that and learning how to understand each other makes a huge difference.
Here is a link for you. http://www.marsvenus.com/