Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Im 48 and have been in a relationship with a 36 year old single

I'm 48 and have been in a relationship with a 36 year old single mother for about 6 years. We recently got engaged and moved in with her and her son. A few months before she informed me that we needed to go to the next level and get engaged or live together. If I didn't, than it was a deal breaker and she was moving on. We tried living together for a month, before she informed me that she was unhappy. I realized I was unhappy as well and moved out. She was amazed that I did that, without discussing it first. Inside of a week she was already seeing someone else. I was very surprised at how quickly she replaced me. I'm financially independant, she not so much. The dilemma I've been dealing over the last six years was if she was using me or really loves me? She say's she really loves me, but she ended the relationship anyway.

I don't understand what's the rush all of a sudden. We both are divorced and I'm concerned about making a big mistake again, and could only see the situation getting worse, but I do truely care for her?
Why were the both of you unhappy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She didn't think I helped enough around the house. She has a very busy schedule and sometimes would not get to the house until 7pm. Then would try and prepare the meal, childs homework, etc.

We live down the road from each other. In which I have my children some of the time and had to keep up my place as well. Homes not large enough for whole family. We both were not getting any rest and I didn't want to be taken advantage of?

Well it doesn't sound like grounds for a break up. However, your concern is that she used you. I think that is valid. Her jumping into another relationship that quickly would make me question her intentions for getting in a relationship. It is extremely odd that the two of you ended the way i did. Now no contact??? Too fishy for me. I wonder if she was cheating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She said she met him the following weekend and he was easy to talk too. In my last contact with her, she said she was developing feelings for him. Should I just avoid contact?

I would avoid. For her to develop feelings that quickly and to just discard all those years with you is just cold-hearted. That sounds more like a person who uses others than a person who actually cares for others.