Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 1 year. The

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 1 year. The issue is, she will go through these 1 week to 2 week spells where she completely ignores me. There is zero communication from her. When I confront her about it, she apologizes and explains to me how busy she was. I have broken up with her once before because of this issue, but we got back together a few months later after she expressed her love for me. I thought things where going great until she recently started doing it again.
I would be surprised if there was another guy in her life, just because she lives at home, rarely does anything without her mom and dad around and her mom and dad would prefer if she didn't date anyone (they express that to her and I constantly).
She is 28 and has a 4 yr old daughter and lives with her mom and dad. I am 32 and have 2 small children of my own. My question is, is this a relationship worth pursuing or should I cut my losses?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
Hello. If you have tried to talk with her about this, she is aware of an issue but refuses to change it, then you have to make a choice. You see the pattern here and if being treated like this is frustrating to you, as it is and should be, she must talk with you about why she does this. There has to be a reason. At the heart of the reason is a solution. If you can't get through to the reason, you will never get to a solution. So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne here is if she refuses to speak with you about what is going on, then you have to decide if you want to continue in this cycle or not. Problems require both parties to be involved in finding a solution and if she is not willing, then your hands are tied. There is nothing you can do to force her to change, she has to make that decision.
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist