Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in relationship/family counseling

Why are people so picky on okcupid? It seems if you dont like

Why are people so picky on okcupid? It seems if you don't like the same color they do they'll dump you. Is this a microcosm of the human race in general?
Hi, I'm Alicia. Thanks for asking your question - I'm happy to help you today.

I don't know if it's what I would call a microcosm, necessarily, but people do generally tend to have higher, even bordering on unrealistic, expectations than they probably should (on websites like okcupid or other similar sites.) Many times, especially in an online dating site or forum, people tend to valuate themselves and others based on two completely different sets of standards. People don't see themselves realistically but yet they're often looking for perfection in others - so it's really a double standard - they want you to be perfect but they don't want to put the effort into being "perfect" themselves. I can understand how frustrating this might be for you, but don't give up - there are others out there like you who will be "perfect" for you, it's just a matter of trial and error and it takes a bit of work and persistence.

Good luck, and please let me know if you have any additional questions.