psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hello. Ive been really struggling to grasp the play that is

Hello. I've been really struggling to grasp the play that is being covered in my French class. That means that I've had to ask the teacher a bunch of questions and schedule appointments to see him. Well, part of the class thinks that the teacher and I are romantically involved. This is not true. What should I do?
You can't change people's minds if they don't want them to be change. You can only change yourself. What you will find however is that gossip tends to gradually stop if you don't feed into it. People tend to become bored with a situation and then move on. Do not react to their comments because that will make you appear that you are being defensive. Instead reinforce that this is not true and eventually it will alter their opinions. By not becoming emotional it will slowly show them that you are not going to respond to such comments. They will get bored and move on.