Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I have been in a sexual relationship with my boyfriend and

I have been in a sexual relationship with my boyfriend and we have been dating for 7 months now. About a month ago he wanted to have a open relationship. I hated that idea and I told him that. He still is going to do it though. He has been telling me that theres only one other girl he just kissed and nothing more happened. I am really jealous and concerned about other things going on, or will go on. Should I be concerned? I don't want to break up I really like him. Also he might be thinking about a promise ring, which it won't be a good idea to accept if hes thinking about other girls. What should I do?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

He is not the guy for you.

Once he has told you this, he is telling you that he intends to have sexual relations with her and anyone else he wants. He is telling you to take it or leave it.

Don't accept a promise ring from him. If he is having sex with other girls he might give you an STD (sexually transmitted disease) instead.

You know that you can't stop with a kiss. Do you want to share him?

I also know that you don't want to let him go. He must be very attractive to you (and to others as well) but you will have a lot of pain in this relationship.

I shall keep you in my prayers so that you may have strength and wisdom.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC