Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My husband was laid off six months ago. I think he can still

My husband was laid off six months ago. I think he can still contribute to the family by caring for the house and family. Instead he watches movies, take naps, and reads. I am frustrated that everything is still left for me. We do have an uneven division of labor, me doing more and I think he should do my part until he gets a job. Am I unrealistic? He is looking passively for a job as he waits for recruiters to call him. He does the laundry, except for putting it away and he des the dishes. He feels that our roles have not changed even though he is unemployed
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

I am sorry I did not get back to you, but this site automatically puts you on a queue or waiting line. If you return for a follow-up, and I am already with a client, I cannot leave that client and go to the returning client, since I cannot work with two at once. That is the software protocol for questions like this.

If you can lay down the law to him or tell him that he is being unfair and treating you like a servant and that you resent it, he might act more equitably towards you.

He should spend more time helping out and giving you some downtime. Otherwise, he is being unjust.

You should let him know.

I shall keep your family in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott

If you have further questions, I will be delighted to answer them. Please understand how the system works here. I feel frustrated when I know that a client wants an answer but I have to finish with the current client, and give the best and most professional answer to that one before I can move on.

I am here to help you.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Thank you and may God bless and heal your family.

Elliott