Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Alright well its been about 2 months since ive been in a relationship

Customer Question

Alright well its been about 2 months since ive been in a relationship with this girl. I was so happy when we were in love. She meant so much to me and i did my best to make her happy because thats just the way i am. She ended our relationship in early december because she was just unhappy. her attitude changed so rapidly and i was just so emotionally confused about it. i still love her but i dont know what i should do or how i should feel. should i just get over it or something? she texted me twice since the break up. one was a happy bday message on dec 28th and the other was somewhere in the end of january to see how i am.
honestly ever since the relationship ended my personality has changed drastically. my happieness fades away quickly and im always angry. i dont know what to do at this point.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective;

Dear friend,

You are feeling the natural depression of grief from the loss of your happy relationship.

If she is not wanting to get back with you then she should not be staying in touch with you. Perhaps she feels that she made a mistake and wants back with you.

The best thing for you to do is to ask her why she contacted you? If she gives you anything positive to go on, then move with it and see if you can't get back together.

If she says that she was just saying hello but has already moved on, then simply tell her that you would like to move on and if she is not interested then it would be best if she stopped contacting you.

Try to make new friends or hang out with old positive ones. Get more exercise, as this always helps to reduce sadness and anger.

Let me recommend a great book for you that has helped many of my clients to move forward with their lives after a breakup:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You by Susan J. Elliott JD MEd (May 5, 2009)

You will move forward with your life. Stay positive, do positive things, don't self-medicate with alcohol or drugs, and try to watch truly funny movies or read funny books. This really does help.

You will look back at this moment in the not too distant future and it will seem much less significant. Life is like that.

I wish you great success.

Warm regards