jadt65
jadt65, Multisystemic Therapy
Experience:  Provided relationship counseling for more than 20 years for people in every stage of life.

Let me first tell you what I have done so far and then ask

Let me first tell you what I have done so far and then ask another question. Following our previous conversation, I will soon post a picture and my profile. I am staying away from divorced women that say looking for marriage and serious relationship. Chances are great they need security or someone to take care of them or are looking for their of "love of a lifetime". Regardless of the reason of divorce, both sides, can get up , accept they made a mistake and get on with life looking for the 'love of their life'. Of course in the back of the mind of most divorced women, they blame the EX and those scars and learning experience can have a negative effect on the next guy she wants to take a chance with. Notice I said she decides to take the chance. One thing I believe in, is that a guy will be attracted and go into a relationship with a women he loves, but will marry a women that loves him even though he may not love her back the same amount. The women I had great relationships with all found and pursued me. Getting back to me. I narrowed my looks to widows, legally separated, never married that are seeking companionship. I will still be cautious with those say separated. I been with a friend (female) going through a divorce. Very stressful , money pit, court battles, motions, child custody. While separated, she seeked and got serious relations with 'father figure ' way older men, which did not last long. Getting back to me again.

here is my question. I will just look through the online dating sites during the valentines time frame until March. What social activities do you think someone like me would feel comfortable with going to alone? If you recall I am more of a home body, not really and extrovert or "out going", not a hermit either. I do take my self out to movies or concerts or walk the beach by myself, but I am not a Bar person or someone that will start a conversation at a party. I am also have to say that if the conversation turned to my late GF by some friends and business contacts, I still go from a happy mood to sad mood and at the verge of losing it as some people do at funerals.

In ending here is another nice sayings. "a man will chase and chase after a women, until SHE catches him" and "every women wants what another women has". Both told to me by a very smart female friend.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I would like to wait and have the same person respond.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, jadt65, a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Not a rush.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I prefer to wait. She is very good. She was spot-on and confirmed and clarified and justified her responses. Her responses were similar to what I was thinking and concluding on my own of my relationship status and situation. In fact, a little later on, I am composing another question for her and also maybe ask another question to another category.

Only let me know if sadly she is not coming back. Hopefully she is.

Expert:  jadt65 replied 1 year ago.

I apologize about the wait.

I think your insight into the women that you will find on the dating sites is very good. Instead of just avoiding women who are divorced that are looking for a "serious relationship or marriage," I would recommend avoiding all women looking for this type of relationship. As we discussed before, you are still emotionally committed and grieving the loss of your girlfriend. If you find a companion and the time is right, there is a chance that it might develop into something more, but only when you are ready to move the relationship to the next level.

As far as things to do, please bear with me here since I do not have any idea of what you like or dislike.

1. This looks interesting for something to do an Valentine's Day that is not the traditional "find someone to love: type of thing http://www.scout.me/valentine's-day-snowshoe-hike-for-singles--near--kerhonkson-ny/e-19519170 .

2. Barnes and Nobel has several different book discussion group. There are a good way to meet people who share common interests with you.

3. Different classes and workshops are a good way to meet people who also share common interests.

I think the key for you is to avoid the "meat market" kind of bar or singles scene. Most of the time, people wind up meeting the "wrong type" and it is a great deal of drama and wasted time.

Please let me know if I have answered your question. If so, please accept my answer and rate my service.

Best,

Julie

jadt65, Multisystemic Therapy
Experience: Provided relationship counseling for more than 20 years for people in every stage of life.