Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist
16045978

My husband has been working abroad I have found out he as been

My husband has been working abroad I have found out he as been using prostitutes he is acting more broken hearted than me!
But I don't think I can forgive him could this ever work
Thanks for your question.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about what you are going through with your husband. This is obviously a tremendous violation of your trust despite the fact that he seems brokenhearted as well. If you can't forgive him or see this working that seems understandable considering the position he has put you in. There are certainly couples who have made it through situations like this, so if you are both committed, there is always a chance to make it work. While it may possible, it is important to recognize that the trust that has been broken can take an extremely long time to repair, and it often requires months or even years of marriage counselling.

A lot depends on how dedicated each of you feel to making this work, although even if he is extremely dedicated, that doesn't mean that you have to try and make this work. It is most important that you listen to your instincts. If you do decide that you want to work it out, the best sign would be that he takes it upon himself to rededicate himself to the relationship and genuinely works with you to resolve the problems that led to this situation in the first place.

I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Ryan
Hey there, I never heard back from you so I hope that I was able to help you out. If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know, otherwise if you wouldn't mind leaving me a positive review for my time I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ryan