Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

Hi, so I was sort of looking for someones opinion about this

Hi, so I was sort of looking for someones opinion about this text from my girlfriend the top one is part of the conversation I sent to her the bottom is her response.

First Part:

Well I know awhile back you said you'd be happy no matter where we were even somewhere like McDonalds ;) But I think I can do a bit better than McDonalds :)

I am not entirely sure what would be best but these were two options I had in mind:

1. We go out to a nice fancy restaurant.

2. I get my house to ourselves for a few hours Thursday night. You risk food poisoning eating my cooking ;) After we watch a movie or something.

Or none of the above/ option 3 aka other option :)

Second Part:

Ooooh I don't know which one I like better...a restaurant is always nice then I could dress up all fancy for you! But then again the house to ourselves also sounds nice ;p but like you said I will be happy with whatever but I think I'm gonna leave the decision up to you ;)

Thanks in advance.

jenhelant :

jenhelant :

I would like to help

jenhelant :

I do not think there is anything wrong with the text. Did you have any specific concern about it?

jenhelant :

It seems as if she would enjoy both options

jenhelant :

She would enjoy to dress up for you ad go out to fancy place as well as stay home with you

jenhelant :

It seems she like balance and this is a good thing.

jenhelant :

She may want you to surprise her

jenhelant :

She seems like she can not choose herself since she like both options and she wants you to pick your preference

jenhelant :

If you see she always has a hard time making decisions then that would be a concern sinc

jenhelant :

It would seems as she lacks self confidence, but if it is not a common issue for her then I would take it as her wanting to please you.

Ya she usually doesn't mind making a decision. Alright well I'll take a pick thanks!

jenhelant :

No problem. I think she will be happy with either. I wouldn't worry about it. You can do one this time and the next date do the other. Also, in the meantime you will have more ideas. I think the fact you want to cook for her is so romantic