Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hi Elliott, Thank you for your reply. I think you helped

Hi Elliott,

Thank you for your reply. I think you helped me a lot. I knew with my brain what to do, but still it is hard...Sometimes I think the problem is with me that my relationships are over. Could you please just answer me in nutshell what should I look in a person to find a real partner. Had so many relationships and for some reason seems that I don't find the right one (as you see in my previous example). I'm a reliable, down to earth person with humor , I think also attractive with brain as well, but it seems that I do mistake all the time to find the right one. Would you suggest me something? I am 34 by the way, so not teenager anymore. Honestly I started to believe that the mistake is in me..I made the same mistake (wrong relationships) in the country where I came from and it seems that here I am doing the same. Read a lot of books to understand the relationships but it seems without any success.
Best regards,
Katie
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear Katie

Thank you for getting back to me.

I agree with you that your are continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again.

You are vulnerable and you evidently attract manipulative men who prey on you because they can convince you of their sincerity and control you by making you think they are different than they are.

They are probably men with a lot of self-confidence who are apparently successful and well liked, and often are either high achievers, or who strive to be.

I think you always go for the same type and have a need to be with a strong man.

However, you are a bit dependent and therefore seek these type of narcissistic men.

You can better tell about them by finding out how they feel about children, about people less fortunate then them, and see if they actually care or just say what others want to hear.

I know that you have read a lot of books about this, but I have one for you that will change your life for the better, or at least that is my hope.

Product Details

The Manipulative Man: Identify His Behavior, Counter the Abuse, Regain Control by Ed.D Dorothy Mccoy

I have one other book for you to read:

Product Details

Stop Signs: Recognizing, Avoiding, and Escaping Abusive Relationships by Lynn Fairweather

Try not to fall into relationships so quickly. You need to know that a man values and respects you and is capable of real feelings rather than just telling you what you want to hear.

I wish you great blessings.

Elliott

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.