Dear Debra
Dear Debra , Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

I want to be friends with a Japanese model how would i

Customer Question

I want to be friends with a Japanese model how would i do that?

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 3 years ago.

Deardebra : Is there a model you are interested in being friends with or are you looking to be friends with a model you don't know yet?
Customer:

am looking for a Japanese model i saw her here?: http://www.facebook.com/katie.yamamoto.31?ref=ts&fref=ts

Deardebra : Have you tried writing too her on Facebook?
Customer:

yes but no reply for months now

Customer:

and i wrote to where she works also

Deardebra : She might not be getting your emails or letter.
Deardebra : It might take her a while to respond because she is very busy with her career.
Deardebra : II would right her again a follow up email.
Deardebra : You want to say I have written too you before and I was wondering if you received my first email.
Deardebra : I know some times email get deleted or just go unread, but I wanted to follow up with you to see if you dude receive it. Then you would right
Deardebra : Write the same email again reminding her of what you said.
Customer:

am not sure how i can chat with you and be friends with her if you can't do her any Japanese model will do as long as they want to be friends with me?

Customer:

i don't know where to meet ones offline it's difficult

Customer:

because their usually not online

Deardebra : Models travel a lot and often just quickly check emails. They have to go on a lot of photo shoots. I am sure you could be friends with one if them.
Deardebra : Have you tried fan pages? People talk to people all the time to get to know fan and meet new people.
Deardebra : Some times people will answer questions like how long you been modeling? What is the farthest you ever travel to do a photo shoot?
Customer:

but they hardly reply back i would take it on the fan pages?

Customer:

do you know if it's ok to approach them if their not busy like for example in an advertisement for cars in the UK?

Deardebra :

Models are celebrities and they are always willing when they are not busy to sign autographs, and to have small conversations with fans. Models are in the public eye and know that there are people that want to be friends, be a fan, so often times people in the public eye make time for fans.

Deardebra :

a lot of celebrities will have fan pages and facebook pages where they accept fans, friends, they often answer questions.

Deardebra :

They often will answer question about their profession.

Deardebra :

If they don't respond it only means they are very busy and just do not have the time at the moment to respond.

Deardebra :

Models have to go into jobs with a portfolio and see if they can book a job in a magazine or an ad maybe for a clothing line.

Deardebra :

Then once they get a job they could be booked for months in other states, countries to work on the project.

Deardebra :

You could also write the modeling company asking if there is a place where the models receive mail from people who want to be friends.

Customer:

do you know when the next lot of Japanese models will come to the UK?

Deardebra :

No, I do not know that, but you can call or write the modeling agency to see. They could have like a fan event set up where they are signing autographs. You can often look on sites to see if they have any meet and greet events set up. Please accept my answer.

Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry i have a related question what question should i follow-up with the model Katie in the Facebook email?

This is the model you are interested in and I would email her again saying I was just checking in to see if you got my last e-mail. I am sure you are very busy with photo shoots and just in general your career. I was wondering if I could have just a small moment of your time. I know it might be a while before you respond, but it would be nice if me and you could become friends. You seem like a very interesting person. You want to keep it simple and just let her know you want to be friends. She has a Facebook which if she post things on it then she is on it often if she doesn't then it will be harder to contact her, so you would need to try to rite her at the agency. I think you should make sure you give her your e-mail address so she can write you. She might not want to write back on Facebook, she might use a direct e-mail.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So email back say?: I was just checking in to see if you got my last e-mail. I am sure you are very busy with photo shoots and just in general your career. I was wondering if I could have just a small moment of your time. I know it might be a while before you respond, but it would be nice if me and you could become friends. You seem like a very interesting person.

Do you know where to find her agent since last year an expert here said i have to wait for the model company to reply back but it's been months now i said am looking for a model then her name to the company?

Check her Facebook to see if it list what modeling agency she works for. You also could type in her full name on a search engine and see if her agency comes up. She should be listed because people looking for models to do ads, commercials, magazines need to hire models, so somewhere her info should be listed where she can be contact for auditions. You want to ask her in the beginning of the e-mail for her to write back then you can say the rest. But I am sure she is very busy, so you need to give her some time. People who are busy can take months to respond.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the one i found on her Facebook where she works and who i emailed?: http://dxim.biz/en/index.php?koi=eurasian&action=female&page=3

So sending that last message i sent you to write on facebook?:

I was just checking in to see if you got my last e-mail. I am sure you are very busy with photo shoots and just in general your career. I was wondering if I could have just a small moment of your time. I know it might be a while before you respond, but it would be nice if me and you could become friends. You seem like a very interesting person.

Yes, I would try Facebook first and then if you do not hear from her contact the modeling agency just in case she does not go on Facebook often. But if you feel you want to contact her on both right now you can. But I would try her Facebook first, some times people have Facebook notifications right on their phone when they get e-mails.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi.

Is it ok to send a message to both her fan page and personal Facebook page, which i did because i sent it to both before basically, the first time or the second messages that is so on her friends facebook page i sent her a few messages before basically but on her fan page one message?

That is good fan page and Facebook page this way she will see one of your messages. But just know she is busy and has a lot of messages to go through. You might not hear from her right away, but she might answer you because you did a follow up message. You never know what one she checks so it is best to message her on all pages, so she can see your message.