Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

I want to be friends with a Japanese model how would i

Customer Question

I want to be friends with a Japanese model how would i do that?

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.

Deardebra : Is there a model you are interested in being friends with or are you looking to be friends with a model you don't know yet?
Customer:

am looking for a Japanese model i saw her here?: http://www.facebook.com/katie.yamamoto.31?ref=ts&fref=ts

Deardebra : Have you tried writing too her on Facebook?
Customer:

yes but no reply for months now

Customer:

and i wrote to where she works also

Deardebra : She might not be getting your emails or letter.
Deardebra : It might take her a while to respond because she is very busy with her career.
Deardebra : II would right her again a follow up email.
Deardebra : You want to say I have written too you before and I was wondering if you received my first email.
Deardebra : I know some times email get deleted or just go unread, but I wanted to follow up with you to see if you dude receive it. Then you would right
Deardebra : Write the same email again reminding her of what you said.
Customer:

am not sure how i can chat with you and be friends with her if you can't do her any Japanese model will do as long as they want to be friends with me?

Customer:

i don't know where to meet ones offline it's difficult

Customer:

because their usually not online

Deardebra : Models travel a lot and often just quickly check emails. They have to go on a lot of photo shoots. I am sure you could be friends with one if them.
Deardebra : Have you tried fan pages? People talk to people all the time to get to know fan and meet new people.
Deardebra : Some times people will answer questions like how long you been modeling? What is the farthest you ever travel to do a photo shoot?
Customer:

but they hardly reply back i would take it on the fan pages?

Customer:

do you know if it's ok to approach them if their not busy like for example in an advertisement for cars in the UK?

Deardebra :

Models are celebrities and they are always willing when they are not busy to sign autographs, and to have small conversations with fans. Models are in the public eye and know that there are people that want to be friends, be a fan, so often times people in the public eye make time for fans.

Deardebra :

a lot of celebrities will have fan pages and facebook pages where they accept fans, friends, they often answer questions.

Deardebra :

They often will answer question about their profession.

Deardebra :

If they don't respond it only means they are very busy and just do not have the time at the moment to respond.

Deardebra :

Models have to go into jobs with a portfolio and see if they can book a job in a magazine or an ad maybe for a clothing line.

Deardebra :

Then once they get a job they could be booked for months in other states, countries to work on the project.

Deardebra :

You could also write the modeling company asking if there is a place where the models receive mail from people who want to be friends.

Customer:

do you know when the next lot of Japanese models will come to the UK?

Deardebra :

No, I do not know that, but you can call or write the modeling agency to see. They could have like a fan event set up where they are signing autographs. You can often look on sites to see if they have any meet and greet events set up. Please accept my answer.

Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry i have a related question what question should i follow-up with the model Katie in the Facebook email?

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So email back say?: I was just checking in to see if you got my last e-mail. I am sure you are very busy with photo shoots and just in general your career. I was wondering if I could have just a small moment of your time. I know it might be a while before you respond, but it would be nice if me and you could become friends. You seem like a very interesting person.

Do you know where to find her agent since last year an expert here said i have to wait for the model company to reply back but it's been months now i said am looking for a model then her name to the company?

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the one i found on her Facebook where she works and who i emailed?: http://dxim.biz/en/index.php?koi=eurasian&action=female&page=3

So sending that last message i sent you to write on facebook?:

I was just checking in to see if you got my last e-mail. I am sure you are very busy with photo shoots and just in general your career. I was wondering if I could have just a small moment of your time. I know it might be a while before you respond, but it would be nice if me and you could become friends. You seem like a very interesting person.

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi.

Is it ok to send a message to both her fan page and personal Facebook page, which i did because i sent it to both before basically, the first time or the second messages that is so on her friends facebook page i sent her a few messages before basically but on her fan page one message?

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!