Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

My exboyfriend and i broke up long story short he is in a rebound

My exboyfriend and i broke up long story short he is in a rebound relationship now i was doing no contact for 7 weeks, and caved when he told one of my girlfriends that he wasnt over me, he did tell me his rebound relationship is not what he thought, anyway we ended up sleeping together, and i know that is a big no no if you want your ex back. Did I just throw everything out the window now are my chances of getting him back gone, I'm so mad at myself

Thanks
Vicky
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

I do not think that you blew your chances of getting back with him. Sometimes people do not realize what they have and tend to think that they will find the perfect person or relationship. The truth is relationships take work and there is none perfect. It is about the two people involved and loving each other being able to work through all things. It seems he may have realized this with his new relationship as well as your no contact. At this point you both were missing one another and slept together. I think this was you both sharing your feelings in an intimate fashion, but now the next step may be to talk about everything, such as feelings you both have and the next steps to proceed. So, don't worry about feeling you messed up. You did not and can go from here.

Please let me know if I can help further and I wish you the best.
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you just made my day thank you so much its the best thing Ive heard in along time. Thanks again

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.