Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

what does it mean when a man says you are friends and lovers,

what does it mean when a man says you are friends and lovers, take it slow aned see where it goes.

Sometimes when men have sex it does not mean an automatic relationship as some women would like as they do not tend to get as emotionally attached.

It sounds to me that he likes you as a friend and lover. He enjoys your company as well as the intimacy. However, he may not want to commit right now and this could be for various reasons such as his own fear, him not being ready at the current moment, or him just simply wanting to get to know you better before making a serious commitment.

He is wanting to get to know you better and this can possibly lead to a relationship, but there are no guarantees. He does not seem serous right now and needs time to see. It would be up to you if you are okay with this and if so how much time will you allow for him to take to make a commitment before you need to move on.

Please let me know if I can be of further help and I wish you all the best.