Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

my husband has been having an emotional affair with a marriied

Customer Question

my husband has been having an emotional affair with a marriied women with 3 kids for 2 months, its like he's living in a fantasy world and he doesn't care how much he's hurting me. He wants a life with this women, what are the chances that this will last?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry what is happening. I think you hit the nail on the head that he is living in a fantasy world. He has only know her 2 months. It is easier to think that things will be better. Marriages take work and is full of ups and downs. When seeing someone they only show the good, so right now he is seeing all the good in her since this is what people mainly show in the beginning. As people see more of one another they start to see how one another reacts in various situations including stressful ones. Right now he feels supported by her emotionally and since he feels he is having problems with you he is using this relationship as an emotional escape and thinking he wants to leave everything for her. In my opinion the chances this could work between them would be less than half because relationships already take work and by them only knowing one another for 2 months make the chances slimmer. He seems to have issues within him as well that caused him to seek this rather than work on things with you and this too will play a role in lowering the chances of their relationships working out.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.