Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

Im jealous of my boyfriends activities that dont include

I'm jealous of my boyfriend's activities that don't include me. Please help?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

I would like to help. Can you please give me a little more details, so I can help you better. For example,
How long have you been together?
Does he do activities that include you?
What types of activities do you get jealous about?
Have you tried talking to him about this and if so what was his response?

I will await your response.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

together on and off for 6 years.

we just have sex which is fabulous that' s all we do together.

he lives in a complex where there are lots of activities for him to do.

I tried talking to him yesterday, but he can't understand my jealousy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please give me some good advice!!!

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
Hi Linda,

Thanks for explaining. You both have been together for a while on and off, so I do understand how you are feeling. It is concerning why he does not do things with you, but I do think your jealousy is due to you both not doing things together. If you both did more than I think you would not be so jealous about when he does things without you. I think that when he does activities alone it leaves you hurt and wondering why he can not do it with you, so this causes you to be jealous.

I think the best thing you can do is to speak with him, but it needs to be the right way without judging, pointing fingers, or blaming rather expressing your concerns. Let him know the problem may not be him doing activities without you, but rather the fact that he does not do things together with you. You can also let him know how wonderful you think the sexual aspect of the relationship is, but let him know you would like to spend more time together doing activities. Ask him if he would like and want to spend time with you. I think by discussing this it will put you both on the same page. If you both can start spending more time together and build your relationship in other ways besides intimacy I believe this will help tremendously with your jealousy.

Please let me know if I can help further and I wish you all the best.

Jennifer
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.