Dr. D. Brown
Dr. D. Brown, Psychologist
Experience:  21 years as Psychotherapist & Relationship Specialist

Im not sure if I should be speaking here or somewhere else,

I'm not sure if I should be speaking here or somewhere else, but I feel as it I am in complete limbo with my life and don't know where I'm going. I feel very empty and lost. I don't have a great support network around me with only a handful of friends here in London. I have not passed the course I came here to study, so never got a new career. Relationships are constantly a challenge and struggle so never work out. I feel like I'm living my life in a cave.

Dr. D. Brown :

Welcome Friend, Please let me take a moment while I review your question,

Dr. D. Brown :

I understand that you are feeling terribly lonely right now and that can be a very overwhelming place to be. Is it possible for you to reconnect with some of your fellow students that you previously studied with? If so, that might be a good place to start in terms of being around people. Are you interested in taking this test again so you can get your career off to a good start?

I don't know about this, it has been a very traumatic time and don't feel very good about getting in contact with people from a course that I had such a bad time on. It is hurts me a lot to think of it all. I am bankrupt, and that is hindering anything that might lead me to go forward.

Dr. D. Brown :

Hello again. I am sorry it has taken me a couple of days to get back to you. I was out ill. It sounds like everything feels overwhelming and that makes it hard to take action. I know how difficult this can be. Perhaps if you made a goal to just do one thing per day to move your life forward, that might not feel as overwhelming. I know you said you are having trouble financially, so one positive thing might be to inquire if there are any free services in your area that may offer free financial counseling such as a church, or community center or even online. In America we have something called "Consumer Credit Counseling" that helps people with credit card debt and the counseling is absolutely free. You could google "free financial counseling" or "free counseling" and see what comes up in your area. You really need some support right now and I am fairly certain that London has to have some services for someone in your position. A church, community center, social services through the government...something that can get you set up for some counseling and support to get through this difficult time. Please let me know if this helps. I am here to discuss further if you need to contact me again. Just remember, this phase of your life will eventually pass- everything does. Take good care now. I always appreciate a positive rating if you feel I offered you good service. Thank you for the opportunity to be of help.