Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

So i recently made a profile on ok cupid, and struck up a conversation

So i recently made a profile on ok cupid, and struck up a conversation with a girl who seemed like someone worth getting to know. We emailed back and forth for a few weeks and than i asked for her number and eventually I asked her to dinner, which she agreed. The dinner went well but considering it was a first date, there were a few moments of awkwardness, however she did agree to a second date. The second time we hung out, it seemed much more relaxed and I was beginning to be concerned that this may be more of a friend situation, she made a weird facial gesture when i offered to pay and I couldnt quite read the nature of her body language. However, the date went well, and as i dropped her off, she seemed to be looking for a goodnight kiss, which i did not give because at this point i was convinced that she thought this was a friend situation. Finally, we recently watched a movie together and things went very well, and it seemed as if she would be open to a kiss, but when i went to kiss her it seemed she wanted to keep the kiss short and maybe that i had misread her body language. My question is, should i gather that she believes this is friendly or did she just not expect a kiss? Did i misread this situation?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

jenhelant :

Hi

jenhelant :

I am here to help. Please give me a few moments to carefully read and answer. Thanks

Customer:

ok

Customer:

my computer is acting funny you still there

jenhelant :

I do understand your concern. It is hard to say exactly without knowing her, but based on the situation I would first think about what she was looking for on the site if it was more than friendship then there is a good chance that is what she wants However, some people may need a little more time than others to get to know someone. She may like you as morethan a friend, but could have very well been shocked like you said. She also may not be wanting to move that quickly. I would not assume she is just wanting to be friends at this point. I would just continue things along and enjoy each others company not worrying about the kiss or rushing things. See how things go after a few more dates and if nothing progresses then I wojkd try having

jenhelant :

a conversation about it.

jenhelant :

Please reply if I can be of further help and I wish you both the best.

Customer:

Well, thats the thing her profile sited dating, and friends..and to be frank it is a dating website and not a friend website

Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.