Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

I am dating a woman who I care for! She is legally married

I am dating a woman who I care for! She is legally married but not living with her husband. She told me all of this and I was taken back by this information. She indicated to me she did this for financial reasons. The part that bothers me, her sons thinks she is still married. She hid my picture when he came into town. She doesnt want me to meet him! She had an affair that cause her demise of her marriage. I am not comfortable with these untruths. I feel unsecure with not telling the truths. She has pictures all over her apartment of her son. In every room, not a few, but at least 50. That is strange! She saids she loves me, but I am getting resentment becasue trying to navigate in this relationship. All of her friends thinks she isn't married and she is very protective of this. I do not want to get caught up in her lies. Need another point of view!
Hello there, it certainly sounds like you have reason to be concerned if you have caught her in lies. Dishonesty in relationships is almost always damaging to the relationship. How long have you been in a relationship with her? Also, when you said she had an affair and that was the demise of her marriage was that an affair with you or someone else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She had the affair many years ago! I was insecure because I have been nothing but honest! I am concerned on what will happen when her son finds out! I know she is a nice person,however, situations could guide you into making bad decisions. I do not want to give up on her! We have been dating for 4 months.

Sounds like a mess to me. Maybe backing off until things are finalized would cause the least amount of problems for all.
Just sending a reminder to click the accept button so I get paid for my time with you. I hope all is well. If you need anything in the future please let me know.

-Dr. G.