Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 20 plus years of experience in the field.

Hi Jean:) Happy New Year to you! Hope you had a good new year

Customer Question

Hi Jean:)
Happy New Year to you! Hope you had a good new year celebration! We were quiet and relaxed!
Since we last spoke, I did debate whether to speak with Alex. I did a silly thing...searched for him online, discovered he was on twitter but with 2 followers (a female and someone else), opened an account not thinking that I would end up following him, freaking out and removing the following. Worried that he'd receive an email saying I was following him! Hadn't seen him much over the New Years but that was pretty OK!
Then 2 nights ago, my husband and I had an argument - over spending little time with each other. Kind of funny because it was when my husband realized the extent of my 'liking the attention of this guy' that he suddenly woke up. He hadn't been listening to me the previous times and didn't think much of it. It's when I told him - look! I've always wondered why you weren't really bothered when I talked about this guy... as I have tried to explain, I like this guy's attention and look forward to it. He was in shock, but then told me how it is...

That guy doesn't love you or care about you.. He has no respect for marriage nor will he if you hope to marry him! (It dawned on me, no - I'm not looking for that - it's the attention I'm seeking and that heightened feeling of sensual satisfaction) and he does it for kicks to see whether he'd get sex from you. He went on to explain some examples..

After that, felt better! Alot better...
Didn't seem to care for this other chap although still am aware.
Then yesterday in the canteen (and yes, I do look around), he did show with his team. He of course saw me and pretended to bump my male colleague's arm (opposite me) on passing to the water fountain right near us. He of course took a quite glance over and also during the water dispensing processssss hehe. To be frank, I wasn't bothered to even look up. I felt that this scenario with this guy is pathetic.
What got me the most is that OF course yes this guy has seen my ring by now and my twitter has pictures of our wedding. Soooooooooo, if that doesn't change matters...he's looking for a cheap hit! ey?!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jean replied 3 years ago.

20pluscounts :

I'm so glad to hear from you- thank you for requesting me!! I'm away from my computer until this evening. It's almost 7 a.m. here now my time. It would be great if we could connect another time. I can leave this on live chat until we are able to connect. Let me know what you think of that. Does sound like a bit of a break through with your husband. "Crisis" as an opportunity. An opportunity for you and your husband to get closer because of this- or fight right! I will look for you later, let you know more specifically when I can join you. Of course a girl wants to feel needed, attractive, sensual satisfaction, like you said. Might you be able to create some of that with hubby- telling him specifically what you'd want and need?

JACUSTOMER-03l6y7dv- :

Possibly...I'll be on at 8pm GMT...not sure what time that's for you. I think we are 5 hours hopefully at 11pm my time instead.

20pluscounts : Ok will kll
20pluscounts : ok will check for u later
20pluscounts : Sorry on my phone can't see to well
JACUSTOMER-03l6y7dv- :

JACUSTOMER-03l6y7dv- :

Hi Jean, it's getting late. I really can't stay on here any longer. thanks.

20pluscounts :

I'm here!

20pluscounts :

Sorry to keep you waiting "forever". I hope we connect soon. It's 8 p.m. here.

20pluscounts :

I see we are 6 hours different- now 2:06 a.m. where you are and 8:06 p.m. here now. Good you went to bed to get some rest.

JACUSTOMER-03l6y7dv- :

Hehe, it's 3.30pm here now. 36 hours since my last message haha. 4 more days working here.

20pluscounts :

Yes- difficult to keep that time thing straight. It's almost lunch time here as I post this response. You are counting down the days until you move on to a new adventure it sounds like. Hopefully it is a good change for you, with many "new" opportunities. This question will go to question answer, but you can continue to post on it. Thank you for your response back. I also hope things are going well for you, sorting out things and such.

Expert:  Jean replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, it looked like you had requested me on a new question, but another expert took the question. Let me know if I can assist you any further.
Thank you for requesting me!