Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

hello! im 19 years old and im a sophomore in college. I talk

hello! i'm 19 years old and i'm a sophomore in college. I talk to a lot of girls and have a very good reputation with them but I have a hard time getting out of the "friend zone." I'm good at talking and having a fun time with girls but I have a really hard time creating emotional/sexual attachments with them. I always resort to my personal generic funny/happy/nice way of speaking. I have only had one relationship, but it lasted two years and it was very rigorous. Right now there are two girls that I really like spending time with but I am having a hard time bringing that to a emotional/sexual level. Any tips?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

Two important things to remember are:

1) Be patient and let the relationship unfold slowly. Real relationships are based on trust which takes time to develop. It will not happen until a certain critical mass of trust is reached, and then you begin to reach a new level in your relationship.

2) The setting is very important. Magic moments happen in magical settings that enhance the mutual feeling: lighting, music, comfort, safety. Maximize the romantic. Speak softly. Be gentle. Win her heart with kindness. Be a good listener.

You can win hearts with very quite and gentle behavior. That is what wins young women's hearts.

I wish you great success. Don't get impatient. Before you know it you will be in a relationship with someone who cares for you as much as you care for her.

Warm regards,