Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

I have been dating my boyfriend for little over a month and

Customer Question

I have been dating my boyfriend for little over a month and his family doesn't know that we are together. and his dad just passed away. He hasnt even told me yet about his passing. how do i be there for him at this emotional time for him
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 3 years ago.
Hello. This is a difficult time and everyone mourns differently. If you have already told him that you are there for him and to let you know if he needed anything, that is pretty much all you can do right now. If you are uncertain if you are doing too much or not enough, you can ask him. Be honest and up front. Tell him that you aren't sure how to act right now and that you want him to let you know what you should be doing. Other than that, just being there and offering support is the best thing you can do.