SLREED
SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.
20550412

please i need help now guy i have been with for seven years

please i need help now guy i have been with for seven years has been texting girls things like cant wait to see that bootie again when ask why he said cause they make him smile cause i dont anymore but he said its all my fault that he does it and i need to change or else what should i do he tells me he loves me really how can he and do this i know he has sex with themcause we havent for over a year please help i am going crazy over this
Category: Relationship
Expert:  SLREED replied 1 year ago.
I know that it is hard to find out that the person that you have been with for such a long time is cheating. I am going to be honest with you. First, it is never your fault that he cheated. That is not what a real relationship is about. It is not what true love is about. If he had a problem with you or something that you did, he should have talk to you about it not cheat. And you do not have to change yourself, for someone to love you. I think that you have to reflect what you want from this relationships. He is telling you that it is your fault that he cheated and that you need to change. I know that it is going to be hard, but you should tell him that you need a break for a while. During this break, evaluate what you really want and if you want to continue in this relationship. Ask yourself if he really loves you and if you want better. Sometime we can be with people for a long time and they still may not be the one for us. I think that it is better to walk away from a relationship of seven years, then to change yourself, or spend another seven with someone that is cheating on you. It is better, to move on and possibly find someone that loves you the way you are, not willing to cheat, and someone that does not want you to change. Then it is to stay with someone that causes you to distrust them.
SLREED, Counselor
Experience: MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.