TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I have married to a man 4 20 yrs. I would like have a diagnosis

I have married to a man 4 20 yrs. I would like have a diagnosis 4 him . He has had many affairs not to many morals . He Is very talkative can't listen, very annoying, verbally abusive . had seizers when small , mother protective. I am guessing he has an I Q of maybe 95. cannot do very simple things . H e rally is very narcissistic He also is is an exhibitionist , very attention getting. H e just hit on my best friend of of 40 yrs. all of the times , he has admitted to his indiscretions .I never even caught him. he told me . I am thinking he wants to get caught 4 attention. I can't divorce him because of money. he 66 still wants sex even though he can.t . edd Can u give a diagnosis.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Although it is unethical for therapists to diagnose anyone without seeing them for an evaluation face to face, it sounds like your husband may have a personality disorder and possibly may have some anti social traits.

You can consider asking him if he will see a therapist or if not, see his doctor. If he is willing to get help, you can contact the professional ahead of time to let them know the symptoms you are noticing with his behavior.

It may help you to look over these resources to see which one your husband fits:

I agree that he probably has narcissistic traits as well. So by learning more about these disorders, you may be able to pinpoint what is going on with him.

I hope this has helped you,
Can I help you any further?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kate, When I was young, I had very low self esteem, even thru my early forties, I was so wanting friends , when in my late 20,s I made friends with some people who would make me the tail of a joke and used me a lot including my older sister. Now that I have worked thru some self esteem issues, I want nothing to do with the old crowd even though they want to be friends with me. It seems as though they don't get it. I don't like them, so I avoid them. Is this o. k. for a 65 year old to act? I can't let by gones be by gones .

Hello, it is good to hear from you.

I'm happy to answer any follow up questions you may have that pertain to your original question. However, this is a new question requiring a different answer. Just Answer prefers that you open a new question page for new questions. This ensures that you get the best possible answers to your questions.

Thank you,