Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.

My boyfriend and I have had chats

Customer Question

Further to my original question, there have been some changes. My boyfriend and I have had chats about are we going anywhere, but, I'm still in the dark about his feelings. I haven't been able to have a timeout with him. He has now gone to Europe for a month or so! (During Christmas and New Years) Meanwhile I've had a couple of more chats with the new friend and the relationship is building. However, on New Year's eve, he informs me that he has revitalized the relationship with his ex-girlfriend and he thought he should let me know! I was devastated and couldn't understand why. 24 hours before, everything seemed to be on the right track! A couple of days later, he said he wasn't sure what he was doing. I don't know what to do!

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 3 years ago.

Hi again

Oh no...not another confused person!! In this case, I would just sit back and be patient. His ex-gf must have given him reason to be confused. It is a very good sign that he shared this with you though. It reflects on his honesty and "no game-playing" attitude. Do not despair because it sounds like a momentary set back.....just be there but don't push. Show him your reasonable and patient side and chances are with a continuing growth of your relationship with him.

Still in dark about other guy....not a good sign.

Warm regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm a Personal Trainer and my new friend is a client of the gym that I work for. However, he is not my client, although we met at the gym!
I think I should text him as always, but in a professional way asking him to return to the gym and not let our personal relationship upset that! Tell him he does not need to reply.
What do you think?
I haven't heard from him for over 24 hours and I really am not sure just how " just to be there" means.
Thanks for your continued help!
Yes, texting him in a professional role and reassuring him is "being there". It is being a reasonable adult and I think it is a good thing to do. If you did not have that prof relationship, I would say "being there" means staying in touch with no expectations or pressure.