Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience:  with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues
71830932

ive been seeing a girl for a few months, i spoke to her xmas

Customer Question

i've been seeing a girl for a few months, i spoke to her xmas eve and said get xmas out of the way and i'll text you after which she ways happy with, i did that and i haven't heard from her since, she has never been the best at texting back but i have text her alot and not heard athing
just wondering if anyone could help me with what i should say, i text her saying a really like her but if she wont reply then i give up but she didn't answer, just want help please
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karin Samms replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, welcome to Just Answer. I will try and help you with your question.

So you've been seeing her for a few months yet she's gone silent on you; this seems a little strange. Do you think there could be a real, genuine reason for her not contacting you back? The other issue may be that you're trying too hard and perhaps if you cool your frequency in texting, she may respond naturally by herself.
However, you're asking for ways to text her back, which I will do my best to provide you with, bearing in mind, if she's not keen or got cold feet, these approaches will not necessarily work and you may require a different approach entirely.

You could say something on the lines of "Hey, not sure if you've received my texts, just wondering if you could contact me back and let me know of you would like to grab a coffee together, no pressure just txt when you can."

Or perhaps if you wanted to be a little more direct, but honest: "Hi x, just wondering if something's wrong? I've text you several times but heard nothing back. Could you please let me know if all ok with you and maybe we could catchup over a coffee sometime..."

May feel strange to you but these are my words and how I might phrase something and not necessarily your way, so please feel free to adapt to how you might say it in text.

Do remember, if she's interested in you, she'll call soon, the Xmas holiday break can throw people out of their routines and usual practices and this may all it could be. On the other hand, if she's no longer interested, she shouldn't hold you like a puppet on a string as that seems a little unfair on you. And one final thought, do you think in your response of 'let's get Xmas over with' that she has misinterpreted that as perhaps YOU may not be interested? Just something further to think about. I hope this response was helpful, however please don't hesitate to come back to me if you need any further clarification. If I have answered your question, kindly rate my service so I may be credited for my time. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further.
Good luck!
Kind regards, Karin
Hi there,

I hope that my response has been helpful and at the least given you something to reflect upon. If you need any further support on this question, please don't hesitate to come back to me. If I have answered your question please can you kindly take a second to accept my answer, as we do not get credited for our time unless you do this. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further.

If you need any further support on any new questions, please do come back to me, simply put "For Karin.." at the start of your question and I will do my best to support you.

Take care, Karin