SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.

how do i stop bottle up emotions ,

Customer Question

how do i stop bottle up emotions ,
Category: Relationship
Expert:  SLREED replied 2 years ago.

There are several ways that you can do to help your bottled
up emotions. Since your parents do not listen to you, you can try getting a trusted friend or someone that you are close to and try talking to them about your problems. Also, something that is a huge help is having a journal. Writing down everything in a
journal can make you feel a lot better, not only that but when you go back and
read what you wrote days later, sometimes you can problem solves yourself
through the emotions that you were feeling, just from seeing it on paper. IF you would like, you can try to have a talk with your parents, and let them know that you would really like to talk to them and express your feelings to them, but that you feel that they do not listen. You can also try to get the help of a counselor or a school counselor if you are still in school. Professionals like that are trained to listen to the things that you have
going on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SLREED- i use to keep a journal but there is no privacy in our house , i have a lil sister that my parents use to dig around in my room and when i ask her why she says becouse she can and my parents back her up on it < i feel so alone in my own house , iam currently working as a temp till i go back to campus and iam more happy at work than i am at work , when my bosses me at home he tells me i sound depressed < iam at the point were i dont even want to go home anymore , and i dnt trust anybody with anything , i dont talk to any one , i just want to be by my self , i am a very happy person , always makes jokes abwt everything but iam starting to think that it is my way of not facing how i really feel or talking abwt it

Expert:  SLREED replied 2 years ago.
I understand that you want to be by yourself. But you really have to try to find someway to express your emotions. Weather through a hobby, art, writing, or talking to someone. They have to come out or you will feel the same way. Even if you cannot keep a journal, write poetry so no one knows what you are talking about. Or write in the journal and tear it up so no one can see it. Try running or physical activity to get out the emotions that you are feeling. Try talking to your doctor if you have one, they may be even able to prescribe you something for your depression. There is help, you have to try to reach out to people so that they can help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SLREED - iam scared of what my parents are going to say when they find out that iam talking to someone about how i feel ,

Expert:  SLREED replied 2 years ago.
Well that is one thing that you are going to have to stop worrying about. At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you. If you speak to your doctor it should be confidential and they should not find out. But the best thing right now for you to do is to try to get out of your depressive phase. There is a better side to life and perhaps you need to speak to someone so that you can move toward that. You life wasn't created for you to be depressed. So if talking to someone is what you have to do to get out of that, you have to look at the bigger picture.